Monday, January 02, 2006

Response to a friend's blog

A sweet friend shared her resolutions for the rest of her life, so I thought I'd comment here instead of taking up all this space on her comment boxes!

I've seen the aurora, in of all places...Jacksonvillle Beach, FL. Thought we were about to hear trumpets! It is a beautiful and amazing sight and I am glad I was lucky enough to live in the right place at the right time. About some of the other things I've done on your list...my herb garden grows when it wants to and I've learned that is OK.I haven't traveled much in the last 30 years, and...I want to very much, but not enough to go without my best friend and he has claustrophobia. And that is OK.I was NOT getting married, by choice and I was happy with that. God chuckled.WE weren't having children. God guffawed. Twice. Guess what I'm saying is, since I wound up being a successful child psychologist (I think I only heard a giggle that time) is that dreams are what we do until the REAL stuff God has planned happens to us. Most of the time, you look back and see how much better the reality was than the dream. Then other times, you just have to deal with the itchy palms until the next reality comes along. Sometimes we don't see what is so great about it until years later. Some of it I'm sure we will find out what the silver lining was after we are on the other side of the clouds. Till then, keep dreaming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home